15
Jun
09

Goodbye Grade Six!

There are only 25 days left in the school year for us and I think its time to reflect on the year. Grade six has been good to us. We have all made friends and lost friends. We have fought and made up and finally its all come to an end. The last month of this school year. The last month of Ms. Smith. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Its the end of the world. This is our last month with Ms.Smith. Wow. For most people they would be moving on to high school but in the valley elementary school goes until grade seven so we have another year at this school.

Looking Back

At the beginning of this school year we went to hornby island for our school trip. We stayed two nights with our friends in tents and did lots of activities. We learned about ourselves and others and made some really good friends. I learned in those 2 days most of the things I know about my friends. I learned that most of them are loud and some of them are quiet. Some are crazy and some are calm and some are just everything in between.

My best friend moved to Prince George at the end of last year and coming back to school this year knowing she wasn’t going to be here was hard. It turns out with her not being here I made two best friends that I hang out with all the time. If she had been here I would have always been with her and I’m not saying its a good thing she moved it just I got to make other really awesome friends. Even though I lost some of my friends this year but I also made lots.

Challenges

This year one of our units in PE was juggling. It was one of the most challenging things this year because it was so hard to keep a straight face. For my group we had Sophie, Haley, Chelsea, Max and me. We did our routine to “Mambo Number 5″  and it was pretty ridiculous looking. There was lots of arm flailing and leg kicks. It was just for humour and fun and I was not surprised we had lots of fun. We thought that no one could beat our crazy humour but sure enough someone did. Michael.G , Nicholas, Dom and Brayden had a very interesting moment. They practiced so much and worked on it a lot to land this one move at the end and they got it perfect on the last time but it all went wrong in their performance.  Michael went for the jump and … (dramatic pause) he missed and kicked Brayden. Brayden had been standing on his head and michael was supposed to jump over him. They had gotten it a couple of times and in the moment Michael didn’t get the right amount of height on his jump and kicked Brayden. They both fell over and ended up moaning on the ground. This is also my favorite moment from this year.

What’s Your Subject?

Lots of people have differant favorite subjects and no PE and Music do not count in this case because I am talking about academics. My Favorite subject is Math!!! Math is my favorite subject because I think it is just so cool. Chaeyoon also loves math and when it says math on the board she goes up and puts hearts and writes “MATH ROCKS”!!!! Math is so cool because you can figure out were a person is going by things that you know about them and what their pattern is. You can learn how to caculate the sqaure route of pie which you might not know what that is but its math. I really  love finding out eqations and differant formula’s. most people would say “EWWWWW math is gross” and ” thats crazy who likes math”. Well heres a news flash… I LOVE MATH!!!!!!!! Math is just so coool and fun and YAY!!!!!

The Wacky Gift Exchange

For christmas we had a wacky gift exchange. We each brought in a gift that we have had for a while that are jsut fun things that are humourus and joking around items. I brought in a gift that I have had for a while since I was about 7 and it was a very girly toy. I took 2 foam balls and painted them like faces and put them on pipe cleaners and then taped that to the box. I had choosen the biggest box I could find so someone unsuspecting would choose it thinking ti was something big and awesome. So when it was time to choose gifts a very unsuspecting hayden chose my gift. When he open it everyone started laughing and so didn’t he. He opened it to find a little doll that turn in this skirt to open it and make an ice cream shop. it was a pricless moment and very fun.

The End

As the end of the school is just on the horizen I relise it has been a fantastic year through good times and bad. Next week on Thursday we will be saying good by to being juviniel and crazy and when we come back to the school we will be saying hello to our last year at valley view and having to be mature leaders at our school. I want to thank all my class mates for making this such an awesome year for me and to Ms.Smith who will be leaving the school next year. Also Good bye Chaeyoon!!! we will miss you so much when you go back to Korea

7 Responses to “Goodbye Grade Six!”

1.    Austin June 18, 2009 at 9:37 pm

Hi Sam

I think, after grade seven, high school would be very nerve wracking on the first day because you wouldn’t know anything about the place, at least its a single floor building, if not, it would be even more confusing!

2.    Chelseah16 June 22, 2009 at 9:07 am

Hey Sam,
    I really liked your post Sam. I thought you showed emotion and love in it Sam. Sam… Sam… SAM….I like your name, anyways. I would like to thank you for being a great friend and helping me with everything from blogging to friend ship. I really liked how encouraged me into writing post about friends and lots of other things like that. I hope you have a great summer and have fun with your friend who is coming…I miss her to, I wish I could stay with you while she is here…Bye!

3.    Jess (: August 6, 2009 at 7:10 pm

Hello Sam (:

Great post!

My favourtite subject at school in English (:
    I’m not really a fan of maths.

Anyway, Bye.

4.    Michael G September 9, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Hey Sam! Yes That was also one of my favorite moments of the year! I didnt liek the part of the pain but it was still fun!

Michael G

5.    Daniel February 24, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Hi Sam! My favourite subject is also math… I am A LOT better at it now then I was last year though (I actually understand the fraction part now, =)

Juggling was also pretty fun (but hard)… I missed what happened to Michael and Brayden though because I wasn’t looking at the moment…